Thursday, January 21, 2010

QUICK POST

Demo Classroom

HELLO guys. Today is my 4th day of Culinary School at Le Cordon Bleu Dusit. I've been here for almost a week now and still I don't miss Manila. But HEY FRIENDS!!! I MISS YOU ALL!!! shet! wala akong makausap dito ng tagalog! haha... pero infairness, magkamukha tayong lahat! chos. I will be expecting you guys here!!! LABYU ALL.

So last Tuesday we made Crab Bisque. God, it was really hard. We had to use a rolling pin to crush all the crabs and Giraffe mixer it, soups were going out anywhere and imagine our uniforms are white... But mine came out really good. Except for my plating which Chef told me that my plate was greasy and he could write on it! Anyway, I cannot tell the recipe because LCBD will definitely subject me for an immediate expulsion if I do that. hahaha...But yes we're not allowed to reproduce it. SorrEEYYY!!! Hope you could smell it from your screens. ^___^ AND yes!!! i've got another cut!!! Make it 3 then! FANTASTIC.

Chef Arnaud demoed 3 soups yesterday. Dubarry Cream, Watercress soup and the Crab Bisque. We made the bisque for the practical class and the 2 were just demo recipes.

Dubarry Cream
Watercress soup
Crab Bisque

And so yesterday Chef Arnaud finished the Marmite which we will be using this afternoon in making Consomme with Vegetable Brunoise. If you don't know what brunoise is, it's a 2mm dice of veggies. AND i'm worried still with my vegetable cuts. So anyway, the demo yesterday were all soups again. Chef made the Consomme, the Onion Soup and the Fish Soup Marseille style.

Chef Arnaud
this is what we will be making later (look at those dices of mini dices!!!)
the fish soup
the french onion soup. i died.


ALL HAS BEEN GOOD SO FAR!!! At 3:10 pm ill be going to school and throw in my whites. BTW, we are not allowed to walk from or to school with our uniforms on! We have to dress in our lockers. Hygiene is very important here in my school and our clogs should only be used inside the LCBD. As far I can remember, I used to see CSB students walking with their clogs around taft avenue and even to the mall. hahahahaha

Anyway, All the best from Bangkok!

xoxo BABINELLA

No comments:

Post a Comment