Monday, January 18, 2010

First Day of Culinary School


Hey guys!!! I just came back from school an hour and a half ago. Im tired. And ive got two cuts on my left and right fingers! FANTASTIC.

So yesterday was my birthday. We were at Gaysorn Mall it's like their Greenbelt 4 + 5 + Rustan's. You can find anything here, but personally I think I like Siam Paragon better than Gaysorn. So we headed to Longchamp and while entering the store, this beautiful thing surprised me... So you know what i did.


Bangkok traffic. But believe me, Manila is much worse.
our merienda place
and yes they've got SAN MIGUEL BEER!

So after that, me and my mom went to Central Plaza, just in front of Gaysorn. With an overpass connecting to the other side. Everything was on sale @ ZEN... My mom saw this beautiful white Mexx dress. It was priced from 13,500 down to 1,900 baht. Then Topshop/Topman were also on sale, they had a buy 1 take 1 deal (cheaper item is free). We don't have that in the Philippines!!!

OKAY! So i just realized now... "What does this have to do with my first day in culinary school?"


Whatever.... So anyway. Culinary school was great!!! But im too damn tired right now! I met people from Singapore, Vietnam, US, HK and of course the 2 girls from the Philippines. I'm just so happy that i get to talk to someone in my own language. People really think I'm thai. The demo class was fun! Instructions were a little fast, but all is good! and my Practical class was just the same. We made Rustic Vegetable Soup. My vegetable cuts were horrible!!! But it's okay, it's my first day!! I didn't know that my soup would take me 2 hours and 30 mins to cook!!! I was so slow... from cleaning my station to packing my things. But I was happy with how it turned out. My plating was good and the taste was...well...like a soup. hahahaha....no, it's actually great! Here's how Chef Arnaud made it.

mine was a little paler than that! haha

But for the past few days we were at Suan Lum Bazaar to check out Sneaka Villa. They have every expensive sneakers you could imagine. If you want cheap thrills, then Suan Lum is definitely a place to visit here in BKK. BUT TAKE NOTE: because of our "katangahan" we forgot that it's a night bazaar. We went there at around 4pm. FANTASTIC, They start @ 7pm!!!

thai furniture shop
puppet theater at Suan Lum
my first ever Thai Designer clothing from WWA (harem pants)


Anyway, that's it from Bangkok!!! I'll sleep now. Hope my cuts will heal! :)))))))))))

XOXO BABINELLA!!

3 comments:

  1. mela and i like siam and central...and went gaga over the thai designers.

    pero we literally went loka loka over suan lum. as in panic buying. i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biboy, hahaha, I'll link you in my blog. I'm sure you're having fun over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They also thought I was Thai or Malaysian when I went to Bangkok. They never thought I was pinay. :P

    Anyhoots, seems like you're having a blast there. I want to study culinary there na rin tuloy! But alas, I am married and cannot leave my dear husband behind (unless he goes on tour for a long time, then its my cue to do my own thang somewhere else!)

    ReplyDelete