Friday, January 29, 2010

End of the WEEK - Pissaladiere is a pain in the ass!

FEECCKK!! IT'S RAINING AGAIN!

Oh my so yesterday was a really fun day! I don't know but I'm really liking it here especially when you gain new friends and they're just as fun as "FUN". For cuisine majors, we are 3 separated groups. Basic 1,2, and 3.

Yesterday I was about to breakout from my practical class. We made Pissaladiere, it's sort of pizza kinda thing. But anyway while on practical, we were asked to knead our doughs and rest it to make it rise. Well mine was liquidy-ish. I think Chef got pissed at me because I didn't scale my ingredients well. I was really about to walk out, but no... I have to pass this. So he floured it and mix it again and made me knead again!!! I was 15 mins late!! My classmates were already in degustation and mine was still in the oven. I said to myself "oh sh#% Biboy, ang tanga tan ga mo talaga!!!". Sides of my eyes were almost tearing from embarrassment and too much discouragement. But I don't know, my Pissaladiere came out really REALLY I mean REALLY good. Crispy crust, fluffy dough and my toppings and onion base were good. Well it came from Chef's mouth that it's "good" and that it was a "miracle" to what happened to my dough... Question, WHY DOES IT KEEP ON HAPPENING??? BECAUSE I'M A GOOD PERSON! hahahahaahahah ...Oh god, I thought it wasn't my day, but oh well. Good vibes.


the most challenging so far! Pissaladierie - I hate you! haha
demo was Cannelloni w/ tomato and pesto
before practical

So since I've got 3 extra rest days, that means Thursday is our weekender starter kinda day. ?%$# We invited people to go with us to this Irish Pub in Silom called O'Reilley's. On Thursdays they slash prices from their beers, luckily Tiger beer is for Thursdays. People were almost drunk. All had at least 4 big glasses and a shot of bourbon. It was a super fun night!!! United Nations at its best! better than doing Model UNs.


ASIANS UNITE! WATTAA!!!!
Darren and Vicky from HK, Bunny from Singapore and Bai from Thailand
Raymond (black) from NY, Mont (blue) from Thailand
Steven from Vietnam
and yes I know who made this mess... the one who had 2 pints of beer. haha

Too many things happened and still I'm surprised, I don't miss Manila. No nostalgic feeling and all that, but you know I'm craving for a good Adobo.



shuckzzzz...that looks so good.


WELL THAT'S IT FOR NOW!!! All the love from Bangkok

xoxoXOXoxoxoxoxox

Babinella

No comments:

Post a Comment