Monday, March 1, 2010

Bangkok Update - Sea Food Week

TODAY IS A BUDDHIST HOLIDAY AND WE DON'T HAVE CLASS!! WOOOH!!!

But anyway school was fun this week. It was the seafood week. I had two kitchen accidents, which I think is major katangahan lang. First was, when were asked to color our vegetables in butter, I left my pan for a while to heat it. But then after 2 mins, I put in my butter and the pot just came on burning! Chef Arnaud wasn't surprised. It's a normal amateur mistake. I wasn't scolded. But when I was about to take out my flaming pan, I burned myself and my palm became swollen. It hurts like bit*h!!! IM TELLING YOU! NEVER EVER BURN YOUR BUTTER!!! The second one happened when I was finely chopping my herbs. I cut my nail (not my finger) and I'm surprised it didn't hurt either. Tanga lang talaga ako.


katangahan part 1 (pls. remind me to cut my nails haha)
katangahan part 2

Okay demo recipes for this week were Fish in Special batter and Green Mayonnaise, Fish in Butter w/ freshly chopped parsley and tourned potatoes. Salmon in Green Sauce. Beef in Tomato Sauce. And this pastry which I don't know but it tastes awesome!!! Ill get the recipe names once I get my notations in my locker. GRR. Oh tomorrow btw, there's this circulating rumor that we are going to have our WRITTEN EXAM. Which I don't know if I should believe. But still I got to study. It might be true. Who knows.
These were our practical recipes. I'm really not good with fish nor prawns. But I enjoyed it. 1st is the Turbot Fish in Butter Sauce and Brunoise of Tomatoes. 2nd is the Fish Pollock in Egg Sauce and 3rd is the Prawns in Garlic Marinade, Special Batter and Tartar Sauce with fresh herbs. All were just like a piece of cake. CHOS. Nasunog ko nga kamay ko eh. Madali ba yon??

this how you should present your lemons.
Oh this week, I got a box of Ferrero's from my classmate. That's what you get when you're too nice!!! THANKS A BUNCH!
and this one, which Kam gave. This is what superior pastry majors are doing!!! beautiful piece of chocolate. SIYET!!!
and finally I got a HAIRCUT!!!

Will blog for PART 2 in a while!!! THANKS-ah. hahahaah :))))

xoxo Babinella


No comments:

Post a Comment