Monday, March 1, 2010

Bangkok Update - Filipino DAZE

I know that this is going to be a long post! But whatever. This was so far the best week I HAD here in Bangkok. There's nothing more fun than being with your fellow "kababayans" in a foreign land.

So I had two friends coming from Manila. Rai and Lizette. Both of them came here THURSDAY night. At first I didn't know how to squeeze in my schedule or if I should be a manananggal to split my body into two. So since they're both Pinoys why not make a super mega ultra meet up haha. :))) Oh god. Rai and I were already tweeting on how to meet etc. etc. Liz was staying at Arnoma hotel which is also just a few blocks away from Rai's. Liz and I met up at Gaysorn first then headed to Central World to meet with Rai (who just came back from an extreme Platinum Mall shopping :P)

Along with Rai were her friends Cherilyn and this Aussie-Pinoy Jason (whom they met at the airport in Manila). So at first, all us had to idea who is who. Cherilyn is a pre-school teacher at Cambridge Philippines. Jason, omg this guy is surprised me a lot. He is so BISDAK (bisaya speaking). More shocking fact is that her mom studied in my school in our province. And her mom's former employer was our family friend!!! SO...from the airport to Rai to Bangkok. Of all the places. Bangkok. WEIRD! The last time I saw Rai, she was jobless but good thing she's working now. And Liz, it was way back February of 2009! Our graduation day.


JasonCherilynRaiWe had dinner at this food court within the Zen Department Store called Food Loft. IT'S a FOOD COURT ha. But this place is nice. Sosyal. I wish we have one of these back in Manila. Everyone was telling their stories and all that. We had 2 pitchers of beer. And headed to Zen for the midnight sale aka last shopping moment.
Liz
them trying to squeeze out their last drop of BAHT! haha


So sad that Rai and Cherilyn had to go back to Manila on that day. So Me, Liz and Jason went to Khao San for an acoustic nigh (i'm kinda regular at this place already). We hooked up with more people Ate Sely whom we met at the lobby of Arnoma Hotel. She just came back from Pattaya and stayed there for a week, and Apple, sister of Liz whom I have known as well for a long time. :))) So all of us went to Khao San and drank the night away at this rooftop place at Centre Point. As usual it was all Oasis, 4 non blondes, Aerosmith and Beatles.


And last night was my last night with Liz. She's btw going to Beijing to study Mandarin for a year. I had dinner with her family at Food Loft again. It was a treat. :) I didn't get to spend any lol. It was fun meeting the whole cast of her family. They are food lovers! and so am I!!! :))) I had this super yummy Tamarind Soup with Omelet and Shrimp. It's the best thing I could ever have for that night!!! I SUPER MEGA ULTRA recommend it!


After dinner we went to Suan Lum Night Bazaar where Liz had her final stop for her shopping. Liz isn't really into clothes but I made her buy a dress and more clothes. It was a very fun night.
all ringsand this one I bought from WWA
ME AND LIZ BEFORE AND AFTER ORTHODONTICS :PPP

2008
2010

FUN WEEK I HAD!!!

That's all from BANGKOK!!!

much peace love and respect!!!

xoxo

BABINELLA

No comments:

Post a Comment