Sunday, March 14, 2010

Red Shirt vs. Pacquiao = FILIPINO FOOD


TO START, CONGRATS MANNY PACQUIAO.
KACHING! $$$

Anyway, it has been a boringggggggggggg weekend for me. I'm sure you guys have seen on the news that there's a big protest ongoing here not only in Bangkok but all over Thailand. They call it the "last battle" for their former Prime Minister. But anyway move along. I CAN'T GO OUT!!! &#^*$!? I have to kill time staying inside my apartment. I have stock up on food for weekend and OMG you just don't know how hard it is to be inside doing nothing. It's alright though. I have saved money just because of this weekend. :)))))) I HAVE MANAGED TO STRETCH MY 1000 baht for 2 weeks! and oh Btw, I saw some Red Shirts outside my place and my knees buckled. :S whatever.

red shirts

Anyway culinary school has been okay, though time is nearing to FINALS!!! I still have to work my ass on studying 7 of my recipes and I have to attend for 9 more practical classes. GAWD. Then fly fly fly back to Manila and Cotabato. I'm so excited to see my dog again!!! It's been too long and it's not funny anymore. hahaha... So practical recipes were Sauteed Veal Chops, Roasted Duck and Beef Strogonoff. It has been an easy week for me. Everything were made right and all that. Oh gosh but I really can't wait to take a break from school. I MISS HOME and the beach so bad. :P I use so may emoticons. WTH. Must have been the emo-ness im feeling now. nyek. slep.

veal chops. YUMMEH.beef strogonoff. YUMMEH-erroasted duckcooking should be pink. ??? I did it once again in the oven the moment i got back home. just can't eat raw.


And these are the demo recipes. Btw guys, demo recipes are the dishes that we don't make inside the practical class. These are just for demonstration purposes made by the Chef Instructor if ever we want to make one. Just so you know. (mega explain naman ako, feeling ko naman nagets niyo)
biscuits w/ cream and cognac caramel saucemussels in cream, veggies and saffron
apple tartlangoustines w/ virgin salad and grilled leeks
??? i forgot sorry. :S
Souffle w/ Orange Liqueur and Candied Oranges


AND OMG!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!!! It's like "LUKSO NG DUGO". hahahaahah

I FOUND A FILIPINO STORE JUST ACROSS MY STREET!!!
It's called SARI SARI STORE and they sell SARI SARI stuff. You just don't know how much i have lost my mind while i was inside the store. Though it's like 3 times more expensive, WHO CARESSSS!!! I LOVE THIS. and finally i found my sinigang mix. SIYET!!!


they sell like EVERYTHING!!! They even have Mega Magazine, Preview Magazine and even YES! Magazine. It's like my own piece of heaven just right in front of my street!!! :)))))))
Filipino canned tunas and sardines. The best with steamed rice!!! ooh.classic childhood favorite. Pancit canton. dry seasoned noodlesCHOCO MANI!!!!hmmm dito kayo nagtatago ha! pinahirapan nyo ako. atbp.
BOY, this is heaven. I love this place. Anyway this is accessible through BTS SALADENG STATION, after the last exit towards Thaniya Bldg. BTS EXIT, there @ the 3rd Floor. Right next to Thaniya.

Anyway shout out again to BONBON for bringing me Filipino Food from New Orleans Cafe, A Filipino restaurant in Pattaya. GIRL, you just killed NOSTALGIA! LOVE YOU XOXOXO!!!

THAT'S IT FROM BANGKOK!!!

All the love. Stay safe everyone. SEE YOU MANILA!!!

xoxo

Babinella

No comments:

Post a Comment