Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vengkokk Ufdate






RAWWWRR!!! Weather here has been a bitch as well.. Last Friday it was 35 degrees!!! WTH?!%$# The beach is calling me and I must go to PHI PHI !!! TAKE ME TO PHI PHI POR FAVOR!!!

Heyaaaaaaaaaa guyss!! this has been a very nice week for me. Today is Sunday and I had a good rest. I had a cheap noodle treat today!!! So good. Anyway, I didn't really go out because I'm saving up for summer which is next month! I'm wondering if I'll go back to Cotabato or rather meet my mom in Cambodia. I'm already missing home. Wish I could be a bum for a week! But no. haha. :))) Can't do that since I have to commit myself cooking and studying at the same time.
Which reminds me that I've only got 2 weeks for FINALS!!! I already got my recipe exam list and I'm chickening out. Here's the list.


1. Quiche Lorraine
2. Roasted Chicken and Jus
3. Beef Bourguignonne
4. Rabbit with Mustard and Sauteed Potatoes ( OMG NO!)
5. Poached Hake Steaks with Hollandaise Sauce 6. Traditional Veal Stew and Rice Pilaf
7. Sauteed Veal Chops "Grand-Mere" style garnish
8. Pork Medallions Charcutiere Sauce and Potatoes Dauphine
9. Sauteed Chicken with Tarragon and Bouquetiere of Vegetables
10. Sea Bream Fillets Pan Fried with Fennel

Okay, here's how it goes. We are given about a month to study the recipes (6 of them are done) so that makes 4 more! On the 24th is our Written Exam wherein we will be asked about french cooking methods and its definitions. Then on the 29th is the Practical Exam wherein we will pick our recipes through a draw. We will be given extra 20 minutes to furthermore study the recipe then off we go to the kitchen without our notes. Just the ingredients. Not bad eh??? I think I'll make it JUST FINE. I hope. err.

Anyway this week we only had 2 practical classes since Monday was a holiday. We made Traditional Veal in Cream Sauce with Rice Pilaf and Tenderloin Steaks with Pommes Pont Neuf
stages of tenderloins. Bleu, Saignant, A Point and Bien Cuittraditional veal stew. This is delish!!! ( i didn't know french like their rice "chewy hard") Kung sa atin pa, malapit nang maluto...yun nga lang ang luto sa atin ay yung malambot na kanin

Demo recipes were Salmon in Lemon Marinade, Sugar Tart, Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Caramel Cognac Sauce, Flemiche

Coffee Ice Cream in Cognac Caramel Sauce
Flemiche w/ Leeks and Sea Bathed CheeseSalmon in Lemon and Herb MarinadeSugar Tart

and a lesson from Chef Cedric on how Yeast reproducea yeast can reproduce and make "babies" in warm temperature hahaha
but when you roll and bake them, they die hahahaha


Anyway that was just my week in culinary school. Kinda short but whatever. :)))) Friday afternoon I met up with BonBon because I promised her that we will eat at this Filipino Restaurant @ Sukhumvit 31 called Joe's Place. I've read a lot from it on the Internet and tried to call them to reserve some seats. But their number isn't working, so i thought "okay, walk in". So I went to Le Cordon Bleu to pick up BonBon. I kept on telling her how excited I was!!! I just really can't stop craving for Filipino Food. Okay we arrived at Soi 31 ... But ohhhhhh wait....BAM!!!

FANTASTIC!!! JOE's PLACE HAVE BEEN CLOSED MONTHS AGO!!! !F*%#-ing Fantastic!


So me and BonBon walked around the Soi and went to Bella Napoli. We just indulged ourselves in an Authentic Italian place. I liked it!!! But still I was pissed. hahahaha I have prepared for it! We had Truffle Cream Pasta, Prosciutto w/ Melon and Salmon Pizza w/ Feta Cheese. AFter that, we went to Emporium to buy Macaroons since BonBon was craving for it. We got hungry for dessert so we decided to go out of the mall and go to O'Hana Cafe which accdg to BonBon have the best Chocolate Lava Cake. "Yumm let's go" Then Okay................................................. BAM!!!! It's closed as well. :(((((((((( We just can't help but feel stupid. We decided to end the craving at 711 and ate all the macaroons.


And after we went to this super nice place called Cheap Charlie's. It's so detailed!!! I feel like I'm in Kidlat Tahimik's restaurant in Baguio Oh my Gulay!... Beers are cheap. They sell it for 70 baht per bottle. Plus, all expats/tourists in that place so a good chance of making friends.

Then after that, we went to Bed SupperClub which is just a few walks away from Cheap Charlie's. Thanks to BonBon's connection to the Social Scene in Bangkok we get to enter to SupperClub for free. (*entrance btw is 800 Baht = 1,100 php) We went to see Plastik Funk. It started at 12midnight till 3am!!! My feet were in pain after!
Cheap Charlie's
Bed SupperClub have beds literally

ANYWAY!!! That's it from Bangkok!!!

all the love and hate!! :P

XOXO Babinella



thanks for the Red Velvet BonBon!

1 comment: