Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kanchanaburi + World Gourmet Festival

HELLO universe and hello world wide web. I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating for almost three months. Culinary school was fun and hard and I'm just glad that everything is over. Well it's only the beginning actually. I went through a lot of things during culinary school and so I needed some break before our Final Exam. I just enjoyed my remaining time in Bangkok and didn't think about much. I partied, I ate, I cooked, I studied, I made friends and so on and so forth. But I promise i'll update often. chos. This entry, uh I don't know, I'll just try to make it concise.

So during my break from the internet, me and my Le Cordon Bleu friends went on to a road trip to the western part of Thailand in Kanchanaburi. Mostly a part of history wherein Burmese and Thais have collided in River Khwai along the Death Bridge. Kanchanaburi is mostly a river composed province which stretches to... I don't know where. hahahaha.

sun dialbridge
doggie
Dam in Kanchanaburi
panoramic view of the dam
panoramic view of the river
coconut filled crispy crepes
soft crepes
kanchanaburi
place we stayed
moo yang
obligatory photo op
river khwai

Anyway enough about that. If you're crazy about kitchen gizmos and if you're in Bangkok, make sure to stop by Pantry Magic in Thonglo 10. They're just really serious about their kitchenware. I bought lots of stuff for school. They have everything! Everything, well except for my trussing needle which I lost in school. But yes, they have mostly everything. Pans, ovens, processors, baking stuff... and they even have a small demo area for visiting chefs. I was just in heaven. You know lately I realized that, every time I go to the mall, I don't go to clothes anymore, I head straight to the kitchen department.

oh this La Cornue oven is worth 300,000 BAHT. or 10,000 $$$. dang
I can live here

The day before we hoarded at pantry magic, we went to the World Gourmet Festival in Bangkok. The event was just huge! There were international cooking competitions happening, food exhibit, demos and marketing. We even met people from the Philippines. We also met people from Elle and Vire and we were just overwhelmed with the French. No more explanations, I was just too happy that day. I didn't even have enough photos. DOH.

chocolate carving

A part of that week we went to After You in Thonglo which is dessert place wherein a they're famous for their Shibuya Toast. It's basically a thick slice of bread, buttered and lightly toasted with sugar and topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Honey. It's just heeeeeeeeeeeaveeeenn!!! We also ordered Mudslide and Crepe Cake.

Shibuya Toast, now you see
now you don't
crepe cake
mudslide
yummeh.
Naung's macaroons. The green one is Wasabi. YUMM.
super mini quiche


Here's to randomness:

Remember my camera fund? I bought one
thai dinner
With Filipino classmates
soldier
lunch with thai classmates

WELL THAT'S it for now!!! Will update laterrr!!! TENKSS!!! Part 2 coming!

xoxo

Babinella

No comments:

Post a Comment