Sunday, November 7, 2010

Le Cordon Bleu Practice + Family

Okay so Part 2... I told you lots of things happened while I was away from all of the updates. One of which was my horrific moment. Final EXAM!!! Damn. Okay so we were all tasked to a dish with a couple of ingredients in common. Turbot, 16 pcs. of Baby Carrots and Chanterelles and the sauce must be incorporated with a Belgian Trapiste Beer.

How did I do it??? I have no idea. lol. Well to be serious, I was really craving for some orange that day that the exam task was given. I ate orange chicken as well. And so, I incorporated orange in my final exam. The turbot??? We never touched turbot, like ever ever ever during culinary school. It was really a challenge for us to cook something we haven't even tasted or touched! And practicing flat fishes is a pain in the ass. We tried Indian Halibut and Sole Fish but then still we have to get our hands on to that Turbot. We ordered one a piece, which is around 1,500 baht or 60 dollars for a freaking piece of fish. Then it took a week to be delivered which is a more pain in the ass!!! We ordered chanterelle mushrooms from France which also took a week to arrive in Bangkok. It was really a bitch life. To be perfectly honest, chanterelles taste like card board but chewy. ulk. Will post about my exam on the next entry. But we did a shitload of groceries.

turbot, 1.2 kg
bones for sauce
shyttload of grocery
Gourmet Market
picking orange
and going home was a breeze. hahahahaha. not.

So before exams, my family came to visit me in Bangkok. Supposedly they are going to attend my graduation, but then since the school moved the graduation day, then eff that. So my grandfather, cousin, aunts, mom, brother came to BKK. They all went to have their tourist moment while I was left at home, practicing my dish for the exam. It turned out to be good since, I haven't been going because of school. Them and me went to usual places. Mall, temples and provinces. But shopping is an obligation.

chatuchak
Bangkok Arts Center
revelate
paragon
saladaeng, yommarat
oh hello
w/ yots my cousin
bangkok arts center
VOGUE hahahaha
we went to my school
my mom eating the mochi ice cream
pad thai stand, khao san
khao san
cricket
:x

Oh I forgot to tell that lately I've been obsessed with eat-all-you-can places. I have been regular to Shabushi (Japanese Buffet) for quite a time when I was still Bangkok. It's so cheap, good? (i dont know), and fulfilling. Rule is, you are given an Hour and a Half to eat all you want. Sushi, Yakiniku, Tempura and all other Japanese dishes, even dumplings. Also included are your drinks and eat all you can ice cream. Price? 250 Baht! or $7 !!! I'd move to Bangkok anytime provided that I have a Shabushi near my area. hahahaha. Ultimate pig-out place.

yummmmmmm

stack all you want
conveyor
tom yum goong soup


That's all I could update for this part!!! Part 3 next!!!

xoxo

Babinella




4 comments:

  1. oh love your blog so much fun will follow along thanks for the add on foodbuzz rebecca my bro in law in India is dating a girl in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's really awesome of you! :) You should come to Bangkok, it's really amazing in there, especially for foodies like us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog and you've been an inspiration. Am considering to go to LCB, Bkk but am clueless how to proceed. Finding accommodation is already quite tough ( most apts hv no kitchen). Do you have any recommendations on where to stay? Pls help! Do the apartment have the necessary equipment you need to do some practice or do you have to buy loads of the stuff yourself? - euroasiegourmand

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi euroasiegourmand, you can drop me an email @ philip.bisnon@gmail.com ... SEE YOU!

    ReplyDelete