Wednesday, February 3, 2010

OhYEHH!! I Survived Puff Pastry !!!


LOOK AT MY AWESOME PUFF PASTRY SKILLZ YO'!!! (not)

I didn't know that puff pastry could be that HARD and Easy!!! If you guys have no idea what puff pastry is, it's like empanada but more flaky and buttery or something like turon but thicker. So we were given two days to to prepare our puff pastry dough. We had a really huge piece of dry butter which we incorporated with our doughs. Oh my god we have to knead and blast chill it for five times which should have an interval of 10 minutes process after process.. FIVE TIMES okay. FIVE TIMES! You guys have no idea how my muscles are working right now. But you know, I still get to blog...WTF?! ^%$@

Part of the recipe was to Poach an egg. If you guys have seen Julie and Julia. It's in there. I didn't know that it could be that easy. We had to do 4 eggs for our puff pastry w/ leeks. SO AWEZUMM... I did it all right. And yesterday for the Demo, chef made Season Fruit Tart which I don't know how it became a cuisine recipe.

owwwhhh this seasonal fruit tart is just pure sin.
and the infamous Puff Pastry w/ Leeks, Poached Egg and Albufera Sauce
______________________________________________________________

Well Monday, we made Quiche Lorraine ... It was fun. But you know how I always f8ck up the recipe. I was sleepy!!! We had to listen to every demo 3 hours and after that practical right away! You get to sit down for 3 hours and cook for 3 hours. It's like a no pay job. LOL... WTF am I saying??????. Well........ I brought home the Quiche Lorraine and finished half of it myself. Well let me tell you, it was pretty good, Chef didn't comment on it except for the border of my crust was crooked. I didn't really angle it well. I'm super not good at doughs. For the dough practicals, I did nothing good. Just fair enough. RAWR! And for the Demo, Chef made Quiche Aux Champignons ...

Quiche w/ Wild Mushroomschef's Quiche Lorrainewell this was MINE. you can call this a decent job if you sell it in Cotabato. LOLaww this just made my night heavy...couldn't. finish. more.that's Lek. She's my station mate.

Omgomgomgomg I don't know what to do anymore. Every time I do my practical something is wrong! But you know, I chose to be here and so I will love it. I'm not complaining! haha... I'm getting used to it!!! well for now. But I'm hoping for more patience. RAWRARARWAR!!! Tomorrow we will be TRUSSING A CHICKEN!!! Oh god. HELP ME OH OH OH!!! :)))) Anyway tomorrow is Thursday!!!! It's thirstyday again and I'm looking forward to having a good time with LCBD friends!

Demo Recipe: Omelet w/ Candied Onions
Chef Arnaud
This is what we will be doing tomorrow. Well at least I get to bring home some "FOOD".

ANYWAY!! ALL THE BEST FROM BANGKOK!!! IM SCARED FOR MY CHICKEN TRUSSING SKILLZ FOR TOMORROW!!! WISH ME ALL THE LUCK THAT I WILL BE NEEDING!!!

sad/happy look

XOXO BABINELLA

No comments:

Post a Comment