Monday, July 26, 2010

Hiatus...OVER!!! Part 2

Okay this is where it gets more exciting. My sister came to visit me here in Bangkok for a purpose. We wanted to go to Cambodia. But I guess I don’t want to deal with the immigration since I just got my student visa renewed. Well but anyway, major thing to do??? Bangkok exploration, since I haven’t done any touristy stuff since I got here earlier this year. I mean seriously. Nothing touristic. Fantastic.

Anything before that, I took my sister to the shopping areas. And just like anyone would say, shopping is better in Bangkok. Siam Square, Chatuchak, Pratunam, Suan Lum. Those places. Chatuchak is convenient, since most of the items are at its rock bottom prices. But to withstand the heat? It’s impossible to last in there for more than 3 hours. We took the subway and it’s just 13 stations away from my place.

figuring out the Bang Sue destination
chatuchak crush. hahah sorry :))))))
Banjo Cowboy
stressed!
mango shake in a football cup w/orchid??
turkish kebabchicken kebab
Chatuchak Wall
doggie
MRT SUBWAY

That same night, we went to Khao San Road. Same spot as to where I usually go… Rooftop Bar at Centre Point. It’s like Penguin Malate. Then to Hippie de Bar which is mostly unfamiliar to farangs. I just love this place. Vintage and classic feeling. I felt like I was driven back to the days of “fuck the free world” and Jack Kerouac and Berkeley in California. I just love it. The smell and everything is just old and comfy. Well, minus the brady bunch people.

hippie de bar
hurr
rooftop
pad thai at 2am
hippie de bar
flowery ceiling
vintage wall
khao san road
The next day, was my most tourist moment so far. We went to Grand Palace (Wat Phra Kaew). It was my first time. The details engraved in each of the walls in the palace is just amazing. It’s very DETAILED. Not even a waste of space. Glasses and ceramics and tiles. It’s just everywhere! 350THB is reasonable at all, but we ALMOST got in for free, because we were too thai looking. But then my blabber mouth started talking in my native language. But anyway here are some photos from out trip.

ceramic tiles
gold
my aunts. @#$?!
details of mirror pieces
detailssss
three points
green shiny wall
watmore details
my hair resembles to that pointy
reclining Buddha's pillow
reclining Buddha
Well anyway, here's more to randomness!!! :)))))))))
why is gregorio del pilar and apolinario mabini here??? spotted at platinum tianggepata tim with egg
jim thompson
shrimp cakes
true coffee
mixed rice with gravy, chinese sausages, and roasted duck
siam
paragon

Well okay guys! that's it for the 2nd part!!!

Will blog more in a few more minutes!!! :))))

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Babinella

and yes i like this picture so don't think that I'm conceited please. ;P

1 comment:

  1. hay laveeet! im missssing thailand more!! because of you! ay heytyu! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete