Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hiatus...OVER!!! Part 1

Okay, so I think I owe everyone an update right? Right. But before that, I have a good news to say. I have received an email from foodbuzz.com, which is like the largest food bloggers community in the world, and they have finally offered me to be one of their featured publishers!!! AWESOME!!! So all I need to do now is review the contract to myself and send back the signed papers anytime! I'm so excited for this expansion! :))))

But anyway, back to my update. I have been away for 3 weeks, more or like. So I'm going to split this blog into three parts! :) Don't worry it's gonna be worth it, since I'm gonna be sharing GAZILLIONS of stories. So here it goes...

For the first week really, I have been really bumming myself by doing nothing. My sister was about to arrive in 12 days or less... So I had no choice but to do nothinggg... That left me nowhere actually, well kind of. But yeah. What's the best way to do it? Disregard FRENCH food for a while and go on for a Thai Food Trip. So I went to Khao San with my friend to try my other friend's Indian Restaurant named "Roti Mataba". It's the most authentic you could find in Bangkok I think. And believe me, it was authentic. We had ox tongue, ox tail soup, masala curry and bunches of rotis, samosas and crepe roti. Roti Mataba is @ Opposite of Phra-Su-Men Fort136 Phra Atid Road, Phra Nakorn, Bangkok.

ox tail soup
ox tongue
nirvana. LOL.

Next trip was to Paragon Mall wherein at the ground floor lies this famous thai restaurant named Coffee Beans by Dao. Not only this place is packed with awesome interiors, but they're also known for their crepe cake.




Third trip was THE FOOTBALL FIFA FINALS!!! Of course it was Spain vs. Netherlands. But since I love Spain too much, we sided well... Spain. My friend read through the Bangkok Post that the gathering place for the Spanish Community for the football finals night will be at Rioja. So we went to Rioja Spanish Restaurant around 930, and it was already starting to pack a lot of people and spanish guys ;P. I even saw Pepper Teehankee. Like. ??? okay. So anyway, we sat and waited for 3 hours just to make it. There were also Venezuelans in the place and even Singaporeans. But anyway, since football is not really "that" famous back home, it was really my first time to experience the football spirit theyve been saying. People were crying and shouting and believe me, someone was even praying with his rosary on his hand. But I'm glad Spain won. Netherlands was just playing dirty shit hence the world record for most yellow cards handed.

spanish people in their red unis.
this beer lasted for 2 hours.
this guy was crying before even spain scored.

The next day, Marianne dragged me to Sofitel, inviting me for a trial of their buffet. Sofitel's buffet wasn't disappointing at all. But since I'm from culinary school, I can't help but criticize, especially since they are serving french buffet. And I'm from a french culinary school. But this is all what I have to say, steaks were overcooked. And the chicken was as dry as paper.

But anyway, enough about that. After, me and Marianne went to Bangkok Art and Culture Center, in which during that time, line of students were exhibiting their works coming from different schools. I could probably say that this is Bangkok's answer to MoMA. I just felt like I was driven back to New York, well minus the Pollock and Van Gogh works. But I saw some art pieces which I also saw back in MoMA New York which includes a portrait of Marina Abramovic and some french ghost chairs. I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Marina Abramovic Bangkok Art Center
Original Louis Vuitton trunk from the 30's
Starcke Cups
this is the first thing that would welcome you

But well anyway here's more randomess for you guys...

on our way home, we saw a bigggggggg poster of Charice @ Siam Discovery Center.


hong kong noodles
sofitel
i bought a data bank.
paragon cineplex

WELL THAT'S it for PART 1.

Second and third will be tomorrow!!!

Watch out for my Food Buzz . Com Debut!! :))))))

xoxo

Babinella

No comments:

Post a Comment