Sunday, July 4, 2010

Final Bow to Intermediate Cuisine YEHH!!!

Heyya guys! How is everyone doing? Today is Sunday and it's as boring as hell. Sorry if I haven't been updating that much since school just ended yesterday!!! WOHOO... And that gives me 24 days of hiatus from culinary school. Well anyway, a lot happened for 2 weeks. To name a few: immigration issues, culinary school exam, soccer, drinking and the end of intermediate cuisine. Oh man, this was really the most consuming point of culinary school. But good thing that Bangkok is fun enough... RAWWWWR I miss my Manila People already!!! Well anyway here were the dishes and happenings!

Vegetable Fritters (zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots)
Pork Loin Stuffed with Chestnut and Sauce Reduction
Cream Cheese Tart with Blackberry Sauce
I call it Lemon Lava Cake!!! haha
Marseille Style Calamari
Provencal Fish Stew
Orloff Steak (my exam dish)
Raspberry Tart with Pistachios
Sea Bass and Shell Fish with Fish Stock Froth
Salmon Fantasy Roll
Pigeon Stuffed with Grapes and Sided with Darphin Potatoes
Chestnut Cake with Hazelnut Ice Cream
Lyon Sausage
Quenelle Dumplings in Nantua Sauce
Mardi Gras Fritters
Fresh Cheese Tart
Mouclade
Bearnaise Sauce
Navarin d' Agneau with Potatoes
Chef Cedric's Warning Letter: there was a note attached to a string coming down from the window of the Chefs at the 2nd floor... hahahaha. If there's a kitty, it's from Cedric


my Pigeon is morbid!
nooooooooooo...........they will die w/ that penis meteor!!!
and my Pike Perch Monster is being killed by a sandwich and a Sausage!!! and METEORS!!!
and a war tank!! nooooooooo....

Okay one day from last week, my "guy" friends tagged me along with them to watch them play soccer. I always have to refuse because I don't play it... Gays don't play soccer. HELLO??! *^%$ But I was forced to go. It was fun, but I didn't really play. I was the "useless" substitute... hahaha

indoor field, nice-ahh!!!
future chefs
this pair worked really hard watching them. X)
The weekend of that week, I didn't know that my visa already expired, and I already overstayed for 4 days. According to the Thai Immigration Law, an excess per day would cost you 500 baht. Shit 2000 BAHT!!. So I was forced to cross the border to Cambodia and go back again to Bangkok to fix my Visa and Re-apply for my Student Visa which got invalidated during the red shirt week. But all is good now... here are some snippets from my day "trip" haha...


Daung, Cambodia
Ride to Daung, we watched I Love You Philip Morris
RED SOIL!
Thai and Cambodia Border (you can play bunny hops at the border, but don't last for 30 seconds or else you will be jailed to either countries...seriously you can play)

-------------------------

GRADUATION and CERTIFICATION CEREMONY

Oookay so this is sort of the 2nd part of my blog post. Well during our certification ceremony in Basic Level, I didn't know that the school would recognize the Best 5 of each batch. These are the people that really did well among everyone else in their class. And that made me think, "oh shit I want to be IN that 5". To be honest, I felt bad because I know I didn't do so well in Basic. I never knew that they would recognize the top students. So, during intermediate, me and Pang talked about it (well Pang was in the top 3 during Basic) and promised to do better than before. Every practical, we made sure about our sauce and presentation. We had our mindset that every practical, everything should be perfect. And it worked out pretty well for us. Pang was Top 1 and I got in the Top 5. I kinda expected something for me this intermediate. Selfish, but I have to beat myself from my mistakes. And glad that it gave me an amazing outcome. Well that's it!!! :p Here are some photos from the ceremony last night...

Khun Poom

I made it in the list, but that's not my name... THEY SPELLED IT WRONGGG!!! X)
me and Mar off to watch Argentina x Germany
w/ Chiao ... I'll see you in KL soon!
with P'Bump. Congrats Man! you did well!!!
Miss Marianne
Team Pilipinas, Nasaan ka LEN?!
them with Chef Wilfrid
Ricky and Aby
Chef Jean, Thank You!
me and pang w/ Chef A
huhu bye! he's leaving for Austin, TX
Kip, Great Job Man!
this guy from Malaysia, Sumana and Terrence
THANK YOU GUYS!!!
Kip with his speech
and Chiao
Sir Gary
patiently waiting for a long line of students (200) being called one by one
earlier that day Me, Mar and Terrence went to this unlimited Korean BBQ.
..... SARAP
P'Bump, Mar (incognito) and Babinella

ANYWAY highway,

That's all from Bangkok!!!

I promise to keep this UPDATED with MORE FOOD!!!

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

xoxo

Babinella


No comments:

Post a Comment