Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Philippine Elections + Bangkok Exploration

uhmm humm?? :p

Hey Guys!!! So yesterday was the 2010 Philippine National Elections, I just can't say anything else but to congratulate the Yellow Camp!!! It was by a landslide. But what I couldn't bear was Erap being second in the race. I mean, seriously? Plus the Senatorial Candidates. Mostly celebrities. Haaay people are so much drowned by the media. I'm still holding my seat for Roxas who is running second for VP and Risa Hontiveros who's still at the 13th spot for the Senatorial race.

But anyway let's move to Bangkok. So culinary week has been running very normal lately. So far I'm doing okay with my practical classes. Haven't cut myself for a very long time except for the weird bruises I got while de-boning a Duck. It was weird. I had the same cuts as to my classmates. And last week has been a hell week since we have to do so make-up classes for our missed days during the interruptions of the Reds a few weeks back. Fun. Not. :p So anyway, this week we made...

Sirloin Steak in Shallot Sauce Reduction
Potato Cake
Potato Gnocchi Gratin
Roasted / Simmered Duck in Jus and Mushrooms

Demo Recipes were...

Praline Cake and Chef Cedric's Hello Kitty Sugar
Chicken Breast Salad with Walnuts

Log Cake aka Brazo de Mercedes
Squab Salad wit Baby Rockets and Mushrooms of Paris
Chef Cedric and the Pigeon

After the make-up classes and all culinary school stuff, I don't know... but lately this week I've been eating too much Pad Thai. It's like I've been eating it for almost a week now. I just can't help it. Pad Thai Pad Thai Pad Thai. That same Friday night as well, I asked Bonbon to go with me to the The Standards Popscene Gig at Bangkok Rocks Sukhumvit Soi 19. (Good thing Matty Boy still remembered me from their Manila tour) Anyway, I forced "us" to eat at somewhere Pad Thai place and ended up at SUDA along ASOKE. And boy I died of Pad Thai. and ended the night with PAD THAI AGAIN...After that we went to the Emporium Stadium just right across Emporium which was supposed to be the sale of EVERYTHING BRANDED. OMG! Comme des Garcons, 60% off?!!?!? Everything else from Acne, Dries Van Noten, Alexander Wang and everything else. Omg.

Pad Thai
Suda, Asoke
Satay
The Standards
Crazy Club 21 SALE!

Lately the Red Shirts have been acting terrorist-like. They have bombed the BTS, had a shootout with the military and lately they killed a policeman in front of the Bangkok Bank Zuellig Building just right outside my apartment!!! WTH??! But I shouldn't be worried, since this is just normal in the Philippines. But anyway, politics.

Suan Lum Stage
Reds almost living for more than a month at Rama 9 road
Red Paraphernalia
The blocked Rama 9 road
Zuellig Bangkok Bank Incident wherein 1 policeman died
Zuellig Building
Bangkok Sunset just right outside school
Pad Thai Queen

So last night as well I had a mini reunion with my Basic Cuisine classmates from last term. We had dinner at Greyhound Cafe (artsy-ish cafe). So much memories to remember. :p It was good. Good food, fun talk and just chill. Pang, Kris, Lek, Thor, Zee, Kam and Lek went.

saw this at the BTS
BC 2 people
this store does.
Greyhound interior. With Chaplin as the wallpaper
Banana Shake with Mint. must try

Anyway that's it from Bangkok and from Culinary School!!! Im off to finish my laundry. :p

all the love from Bangkok

and love for the Philippines.

xoxo Babinella

RIP my friend. 2007-2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment