Monday, May 3, 2010

A 5 Thousand Baht Weekend

YELLOW! Hi guys. Today is Monday and this is going to be my new Sunday. But anyway, it really rained hard today. I'm just really happy for the plants. :p But yes, how is everyone doing??? I've been great this week, school resumed, and I'm back in the kitchen, cooking. Reds are still all over the place, but I guess we are getting used to it. There are barricades outside school now. It gets higher and higher every week. I think it gets pretty much more intense... but oh well school is school. Gladly we were able to do 3 practicals for this week, no interference from the reds. hahaha... But this week we made...

Roasted Lamb w/ Garlic Mustard Crust, Potatoes Gratin and Garlic Confit
Classic Chicken Cuts on Creamy Sauce w/ Calvados, Caramelized Apples
Stuffed Salmon wrapped in Savoy Cabbage and Red Wine Sauce

Well intermediate level is getting harder and harder, but I think it's just like any other practical, but this time I must do better. We've been using so many combined techniques and it's very time consuming. I'm pretty sure that I have no multitasking skills, but will work on that. I'm a cluts, I know. These were the demo recipes...

Sponge Cake
Chocolate Dip Sauce for the Sponge Cake
Monkfish Salad with Lardons of Bell Peppers sided with Baby Rockets tossed in Vinaigrette
Chef Cedric, layering his apples. ZzZzzzZZzz... joking.
Layers of Apples Slices on a mat Puff Pastry
Done. Apple Slices on Puff Pastry w/ Vanilla Ice Cream
Shellfish Soup w/ Garlic Bread
Apple Charlotte

The Red Shirt barricade outside school
Pro Government paraphernalia
Yellow ShirtsOur school is being heavily guarded by hundreds of policemen


So...move to the weekend. For the past 2 days I've been going to Suan Lum Night Bazaar. I'm almost a regular at this place. People from stores already know me, even if I don't buy anything from them. hahaha See how boring it is now here in Bangkok? Everything is closed. Most of the Malls actually. Siam Square is my LIFE!!! No. Seriously, I love that place. :p Well going to Suan Lum made my weekend very expensive. Since I arrived here 2 weeks ago, I haven't gone to the malls or been doing any shopping. So there's a reason to spend (my dad will kill me for sure). But cool thing is I found this Raf Simons-ish backpack which resembles of the eastpak collection, but this one is all leather.

And this new Bangkok brand Pause and Play, you can check out their website. They've got awesome shirts. No gay shirts for men. I swear. :p But anyway, Suan Lum has been quiet lately. I don't know. Maybe because of the current situation scattered all over the city.

photo from Pause and Play
photo from Pause and Play

quiet Suan Lum
So yes for the past 2 days I've been hanging out at Suan Lum. Not really a big deal since IM JUST REALLY BORED!!! So anyway, this afternoon my 3rd day of being bored, I went to MBK, because I'm just really bored...ok BOREDOM kills. And it so happened that I passed by around Siam road and saw these. Red shirts closed the whole Rajadamri Road and Rama 1 Road. It was just...
close up to that truck.
teehee. peace. rock on hand sign. \m/

But shopping must go on. And I went home Broke. I got my Authentic Vans at YEAH! Just a thought, I don't know why imported things in Bangkok cost a lot more THAN Manila. Even chocolates cost more here. Ugh this week is just really expensive. 5 thousand baht, gone. LIFE's a B#%*H!!! PEACE!!!


my new shoes and the sarcastic shopping bag. "Yeah! we got money from you bitch"

Yeah! Store
Lakai Chocolate Shoes
and endless Vans

Well I guess I've got nothing more to share for this week!!!

All the Love and Hate from Bangkok!!!

xoxo



oh...BTW, I just got an email from Matty Boy of The Standards (british-thai rock band).... They're inviting everyone in town to go to the BRITISH POPSCENE INDIE NIGHT. MAY 7 2010, @ Bangkok Rocks, Sukhumvit Soi 19 @ 9 PM. BE THERE!!!





1 comment:

  1. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    รองเท้าฟุตซอล adidas

    ReplyDelete