Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FEBRUARY in a FLASH... xoxo

Sooooooooo... what's up. i've been ultra blogging for the past week. Well it's better than doing nothing at all. I have to get it all done, a lot of things happened in just one February. Valentine's, Mercato, Chef's on Parade event, Laser Tag, Some Shoot and Meeting my IDOL. ZOMG. I'm still waiting for internships, I should keep myself busy as soon as possible. IM TURNING INTO A DEAD TREE with a DEAD BREATH OF AIR.

So first the Chef's on Parade event. It's an annual event of the Hotel and Restaurant Association of the Philippines (HRAP) wherein different culinary schools of the Philippines compete for different categories. So as different 5 star hotels compete. There were food and supply exhibits, hiring booths and free tasting booths from different food companies. I also met local chefs, international ones and hot ones. hahahaha.

We just saw these bunch of students in their whites and me and my friend from Le Cordon Bleu wished that we were also in our LCB uniform. LOL. So, went to the Sous Vide workshop which was demonstrated by the Chef in Black from Asian Food Channel (AFC) Emmanuel Stroobant. It was my first time to be briefed about thermo circulators and all that. So it was kind of a new and odd perspective for me. And I think I won't be needing it for now. It's complicated I tell you.


Appetizer Platter
appetizers
terrine
terrine competition
salad
Chef Emmanuel Stroobant
Chef Stroobant with host RJ Ledesma

The next few days it was just chill for me, I didn't so much on Singles Awareness Day (a.k.a. Valentine's for most of you). Me and my friends just went to Antipolo which is 25kms east of Manila. Sunset was nice. I saw too many hearts, and the feeling was contagious. hahahahaha

Manila by night
Nachos
Sizzling Mushroom

The next day after Valentine's. Still too many hearts. Oh, if you are in Makati, drop by at Maitre Chocolatier. This place is packed with good chocolates. They even have a small cafe, which is entirely well... chocolate related. Went after to have a drink with my sister (who just flew in from Cotabato) and some of our friends.








See, Valentine's for me is boring. Anyway, next is during the time that my sister was here, we've been constantly eating. I didn't have any money, she has. lol. So it's always a treat. We went to MERCATO Weekend Market with my cousins. We had to eat our guts out since we will be playing Laser Tag after. So "mercato" basically is market for Italian, so every weekend around 6am to 2pm, different food stalls are being set up around the High Street area. People indulge in different kinds of food. It's a bit pricey for a 'market food' because I believe that their target market are the upscale ones. And the for sure the people that go are hi-so (high society) as well.

Manang's Chicken
plants vs. zombies cupcakes... well that's unusual for a market
snow peas. haha
buy one take one Kielbasa and Garlic Sausage. my laser tag snack. haha
Duck Sisig
Roasted Duck
Bagnet for longer life!
Mercato

and after was laser tag...

before laser tag
fresh and ready...

We ended being sweaty. And would you believe that we won against those high school kids??? hahaha. Laser Tag in Market Market is around 170php per person for 20 minutes. That's totally enough and you'll definitely be catching your breath after the game.

Okay my IDOL moment. Everyone of us has his/her own this one Idol right? haha I hope so... (back me up on this one). 2 weeks ago, I got a tweet from my friend that Kyla is going to perform at the Piazza McKinley which is just 500 meters away from me. She told me that it's gonna be on Saturday and wondering if I could go.

Take note, I haven't seen my idol, like ever ever ever.. like in flesh. LIKE EVER! Just on the internet and on TV. I've been following her since I was in grade school. So that's 11 years now, watching her for 11 years, been buying her album for 11 years. 11 years!!! So I said I couldn't go on Saturday because I will be at Mercato with my cousins.

She then tweeted me again and said that it's going to be on Friday which is 'today' that day! I said let's go!!! Grabbed a cab and went to Piazza. 2 hours before the show, I couldn't help but feel nervous. hahaha Weird. I just couldn't stay still. Met up with my friend and sat at the front-est row. Waited for her and when she walked up on that stage, I was just blank... I couldn't talk, couldn't look away. It was really a starstruck moment. She did 10 songs.Ugh i love KYLA. like forever. She just got engaged btw. And after 11 years it paid off really well! hahahaha. omg. now im embarrassed.

the venue
Kyla
FINALLY AFTER 11 YEARS!!!

Watch her newest music video please!



ugh i'm so embarrassed right now. But oh well that' for February.

will update for March Soon.

xoxo

Babinella








Nachos on FoodistaNachos




8 comments:

  1. ooohh hmmmloveit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy fre taste ba lahat yun!char!!!!pano mo ba nilagay yung mga widgets na yan!bopols talaga ko sa computer eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. char hindi naman! hahaha competition pieces yon actually...

    but anyway, i think these will help you...

    1. http://btemplates.com/
    2. for your widgets, go to design, then click mo yung add gadgets. andaming gadgets doon na pwede mong ilagay actually...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yehey!thank you!!!!puta ka sa aking thanksgiving dinner!dm kita!be there ah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL LOL LOL @ the kyla entry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! I love your food photos and so happy you met your idol :)I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this nacho widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of bloggers who wrote about nachos,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey alisa! alright will do that!!! glad people are into nachos. Thanks foodista!

    ReplyDelete