Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bangkok is ALIVE!!!


Cooking cooking cooking. That's how my schedule will be for the next 2 weeks and I feel great. That should keep me going since I'm nearby close to being bored. Bangkok is getting back on its shape but still there are remnants of the recent political unrest, present at some areas. But all in all, things are running as smooth as it was. But anyway, school has been really fun last week... And it should be funner for the next practicals to come.


One of the practicals last week, involved killing a lobster. It was really painful to watch, since I have become so much attached to my lobster. :P I don't remember how many times I said "SORRY" to my lobster before poking its head with a knife. Countless times. But then when I started to thrust fully my knife to its brain, its tail curled like a worm and I freaked out like shit. Wonder how much that hurts... I twisted its head apart from its body and still it was curling on its own, back and forth on my chopping board. Apart from that, it was my first time as well to De-Bone a chicken LITERALLY off from its skin. It was my first time to do a ballotine. I would describe it as the bitch life. And to present it, you must do the aspic platter made with milk and the clarified bouillon, which made it all... *sigh* Also, earlier we did the stuffed trout. To take the bone off from its fish meat, how the hell do you do that? Then we had to skin it. ... ugh. Things are so complicated. Duh, why am I even complaining. :p

But anyway demo dishes were...

Chocolate Orange Souffle with Vanilla Ice Cream
Verrine (Avocado, Cheese and Tomato) with Hazelnut Crisp and Sea Bream Fillet marinated in Vanilla Oil
Brioche Cake with Dried Fruits
White Boudin with Caramelized Apples and Potato Puree
Puff Pastry with Tomato Confit??? sorry.
Flammenkuche

These were for practicals...

stuffed trout with riesling creamy sauce
this was chef's ballotine and aspic platter design in milk and clear bouillon
and this was mine... i don't even know what i did. duh. but pleasantly okay, i guess.
cross section of the ballotine. those are pistachios and at the middle is the foie gras roll
and this is Sebastian. haha. Lobster w/ carcass sauce and rice with raisins.

Oh btw, for the past two days during my weekend, I've been going back and forth to MBK and Pantip Plaza, looking for the perfect camera. I've been on a dilemma. It's a battle between Olympus Ep2, Canon G11 and Lumix GF1. With all fairness to the shops I've been to, both MBK and Pantip, they're really giving me rock bottom prices. Cameras are definitely cheaper here in Thailand than in the Philippines. But still I'm on my canvassing moment. AND my point and shoot camera has to retire soon.

Pantip Plaza... 5 Floors of technology
Pantip is just beside Platinum Mall, Pratunam

Today I went to Siam Center just to kill time, since I finished really early today. And boy was I devastated when I saw the burned part of the Siam Square community. This is like the haven of the cheapos and the fashionable. It was just really sad.


got this at Yeah!
new addiction. Curry Chicken Noodles at Oishi Ramen MBK.
Buddhist Holiday. you don't want to wish for a stampede. :P
and this is why I feel safe. lol... Our school's broken glass stairs.
and yes, my ponytail has got to go. So, welcome back old hair

That's all from Bangkok...

xoxo

Babinella

1 comment:

  1. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    สตั๊ด mizuno

    ReplyDelete